Next: Building Xnetlib
Up: Installation and Customization
Previous: Acquiring the Xnetlib
Xnetlib will build on nearly any Unix system. It runs
under the X Window System, version 11, from MIT. It
requires release level 4 or greater and the Athena widget
libraries as supplied by MIT.
Xnetlib is known to run on the following systems:
- DECStation running Ultrix 4.1, 4.2, and 4.2A, and DecWindows.
(For Xnetlib to compile with the vendor-supplied X Windows libraries,
you must have
the ``Unsupported X11 Components'' software subset loaded.)
Xnetlib should also build and run with MIT's X11R4 or X11R5, but
this configuration has not been tested.
- HP 9000 and MIT's X11R5. (Xnetlib may work with the
vendor-supplied X Windows libraries, but this is not recommended.)
- IBM RS/6000 running AIX 3.1, 3.2, and MIT's X11R5.
(Xnetlib may work with X11R4, but R5 is preferred.)
- NeXT Dimension and Co-Exist X11R4.
- Sequent Symmetry and MIT's X11R4.
- SGI 4D/25 running IRIX 3.3.3 and X11R4.
- Stardent (Kubota) Titan and vendor-supplied X11R4.
- Sun 3 running SunOS 4.1 and X11R4.
- Sun 4 running SunOS 4.1 or later and X11R4 or X11R5.